Sunday, January 1, 2012

Here Comes 2012

Happy New Year!!! It's been awhile since I've written anything; life just seems to get in the way of this little hobby alot. But I'm back now. I hope everyone had an amazing Christmas and New Year's Eve.
I've been looking forward to New Year's Eve for a few weeks because I had wanted to go to this party/dance in Orem. As it turns out, I didn't end up going out there. Luckily for me, a good friend of mine asked me to go to Jackson Hole, WY with him, along with some of his friends. It was exactly what I needed. A break from everything. Just sitting there listening to these guys' stories was a perfect way to pass the time on our trip to Jackson.
After we ate, we needed to find a party to crash in order to bring in the new year. We drove around this tiny town, trying to find something...anything. Harrison Ford has a house near this town so we joked about trying to find his house and just walking into one of his parties or something. We got so desperate that we followed a cop and then sat in a parking lot watching as he stopped a random car. Yeah.
Our group in Jackson after dinner.

Eventually we found a party at this ski resort/lodge and...it...was...horrible. There was a band playing that was somewhat talented and maybe 20 people bobbing their heads with a drink in hand scattered about. Pathetic. But we hung around just to watch the wasted people and wander the lodge.
Happy New Year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment