Thursday, January 19, 2012

Fatcats!

Alright y'all, I seriously LUCKED OUT with my job. I don't know what I did in the past to deserve such a fun and awesome way to earn money. Not many people can say that they love being at work but I know I can. Of course it wouldn't be nearly as fun without all the hilarious people I work with and for.
Some of us on Halloween. We've gained some new blood since this was taken.

I may complain about having to go to work but once I'm in the building I'm in a better mood than I was before I arrived. It never fails.

Recently, I was trained to be a projectionist, you know, those people who start your movies for you? Anyway, there is a LOT more to that job than I thought. Did you know that when a movie is shipped to a theater it isn't even put together? The projectionist builds the movies and makes them ready for viewers.

My first experience building a movie completely solo went less than smoothly. I, of course, made some mistakes. Actually, just one, over and over. Long story, short, I built the movie backwards and realized it just as I was about to finish. I had to go back and redo the entire thing. Took forever. At least I know exactly how to do it now and will have no problems in the future. Edison was right when he said that he never failed in his attempts to create a light bulb, only learned how not to make a light bulb. 

No comments:

Post a Comment