Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Goal Setting

Alright, it's the new year and it's time to set some real and manageable goals for 2012. I'm not into those goals that are wonderful but out of my reach (Walk the beaches of Africa, go swimming with sea turtles, save someone's life.) Nah, I want to set some easier goals, littler ones that I can handle.
So here's the first one,
GET HEALTHY! I recently signed up on Mint.com (a budgeting website) and I realized just how much  money I spend on fast food. I know it isn't good for me and it's eating up my money that I could be spending elsewhere or saving. Exercise is a big part of this goal as well, luckily, my sister is a crazy exercise guru who's got my back. Some mornings she'll wake me up to do Turbo Jam with her.
Second one,
Read the scriptures. I don't just mean a verse here or there but meaningful reading. Marking up the page as I go. That's the way I like it.
Third one,
Get out of my comfort zone. I spend way too much time in this little bubble I've created for myself. I need to practice confidence and put myself out there a little more. Hopefully, I'll meet some more people along the way and add to my wonderful BYU-I experience.
Forth one,
Forget about the hurtful things guys (and girls) have said about me or to me and start living my life for me. Stop worrying so much about pleasing everyone around me.
Haha, a few people will know why I posted this.
Those seem pretty good, I'd think. Now let's see if I actually work at them.

As Yoda once said, in a galaxy far, far away, "Do, or do not, there is no try." What a wise little green fellow.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment