Monday, February 20, 2012

Musings of a Food Poisoned Mind

I had my first experience with food poisoning the other day and let me tell you, it is NOT fun at all. The way I felt, death was a serious possibility. Though I did learn something from this experience that you should all learn, never make a promise to yourself when you're sick. It's not smart.

As I was laying in my bed, contemplating the choice that had landed me in that very place (to eat some fast food) and I made a very rash vow. I said to myself, "Bri. Do you like feeling like this? Ha. You are not ever allowed to eat fast food ever again." At the time, I was all for not eating fast food again but right now I'm really cravin' a cheese burger. Basically, I'm not going to follow my little proclamation.

On a totally unrelated note, I had a really good night last night. People here in the Burg are so silly, I am in awe of the things that young men will do to put a smile on someone's face. I went to some new friends' apartment last night and they were sitting around their living room listening to smooth jazz, while checking the stocks on their iPads, while dressed in dark wash jeans, button down shirts with sweaters over the top and suit jackets and dress shoes. I couldn't take any of them seriously, but I loved it none the less. Funniest part of the whole thing was the fact that I had been considering inviting one of the young men over that night but I had decided against it just because I didn't know what we would do or whatever. But when I checked my phone I had a text from the same young man asking me over. Crazy coincidence eh?

Well, happy President's Day to all you blog readers out there. I hope it's full of shopping, relaxing, and or productivity for ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment