Sunday, September 11, 2011

6 girls...and only 2 bathrooms

Alrighty, it's official. I'm living in a full apartment with 5 other girls. Don't worry, we have 2 bathrooms and 4 sinks. We're going to live. :) And we all have our own rooms. Though we all get along so well, I don't think it really matters whether or not we have to share a ton. These girls are so freakin awesome, guys!! I don't know how I got so lucky with these ladies. As of yesterday, I'd only known two of the girls that would be living with me and both were way legit but I was still a little apprehensive about the other 3. That small worry was totally unfounded because all three are angels.

I lucked out with having roommates that are all older than me; not by much mind you, but enough to know how things work here at BYU-I. They kinda know tricks and routes and everything else. And they've all got friends that they're hooking me up with - definitely a plus right? I'm so very excited to get to know all of them more and more over the course of this semester. We've already connected so well, and we've only been living with each other for a weekend! It's AWESOME!

Today was my first Sunday in my new student ward and it was spectacular! I needed to get a tithing slip from my bishop and when I asked him for one, he first asked me my name. When I replied with only my first he followed with my last! He knew who I was!! Someone really studied the list of students that would be in the ward. He's a really cool guy, I can tell already that I'm going to love having him as my bishop.

There are not too many attractive males in my ward, but there are some. I can tell I'm going to make some friends for sure though. In sacrament a guy just randomly sat by me and we kinda struck up a conversation but he reminded me of a guy I went on a date with once that totally rubbed me the wrong way and so I really doubt I'll ever be able to get past that haha.

Tomorrow is my first day of college classes....YIKES! I really hope I don't make a fool out of myself in front of too many people. I got my father's blessing (my brother-in-law helped) this evening so I'm confident that everything will work out even if I have a bad first day.  It's such a blessing to have such a gift in my life, a special message from my Father in Heaven that everything will be alright while I'm in school. That I will do well in the things I attempt, as long as I'm living the way I know I should.

Well, all you guys out there that read my little blog, please keep me in your prayers and hearts as I venture into the next great adventure of my life. College.

No comments:

Post a Comment