Saturday, March 24, 2012

Call Me, Maybe?

People are so creative and silly. I've come to the realization that people have an affinity for creativity if they just let themselves. The reason for this sudden idea comes from a fun encounter from a few days ago. So, I spend a lot of time on campus, just sitting there reading or doing stuff on my laptop. Well, the other day I was doing just that and I was watching music videos. I happened to watch this one
and just as I was finishing it and moving on to the next music video on my list when a young man dropped a piece of folded paper next to my laptop. He walked away before I could say anything. Of course I opened the paper and it said "Call me, maybe?" His name and number. Funny much?!
Of course with the cleverness of how he went about giving me his number, I text him so he'd have mine.
We went out last night and it was really fun. There was a Dance Battle up on campus that we decided to go to (totally incredible by the way, the students here are so talented), went for ice cream, and played some ping pong. He and I have backgrounds in tennis so it was an interesting experience. It's been a little bit since I've gone on a real one on one, declared date, with a guy who called me to set it up, who picked me up and opened all my doors. It was refreshing :)

On a totally unrelated note...The Hunger Games has been released! I went to the midnight premier and holy heck....it was AWESOME! I loved every single second of it. They really did an amazing job with this adaption. Casting was spot on in my opinion; the actors really nailed their parts. Especially Jennifer Lawrence as Katniss and Woody Harrelson as Haymitch, these two actors completely and utterly made you believe in the reality of their characters' existence and I loved every second of their screen time. I saw it twice in a ten hour period and still want to see it more, that's how good it is. Everyone should find the time to both read the novel and watch the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment