Sunday, April 3, 2011

Joseph Smith: The Prophet of the Restoration

Last week, in seminary, we watched Joseph Smith: Prophet of the Restoration. I've seen it before, a long time ago in Salt Lake City. It plays at the Legacy Theater every day. I remembered it being an awesome movie so I was pretty excited to see it again. And I wasn't disappointed at all. I just found out today that a new version of the movie is on YouTube now. Between the morning and afternoon sessions of General Conference my family and I watched the movie again. The Spirit in the room was unmistakable.  I wish I could sit all of my friends down one by one and watch that movie with them. But that's not possible and I know it.

Knowing the truth and loving every little bit of it is kind of like having this huge cake that is the most delicious thing you've ever tasted in your whole life and wanting to share it with everyone around you. I desperatly want to share the teachings of my church with everyone in my life. I want everyone to be as happy as I am when I think about my Father in Heaven and His Son, Jesus Christ. So many people in the world have no idea where they came from, where they're going, or what they're supposed to do here on earth. But I do. It's comforting to know that I will be able to return to the presence of my Heavenly Father again someday and that my family will be with me as well. We are an eternal family as long as we live righteously. I love that knowledge. I know that I am a daughter of God, I'm an heir to His kingdom. Nothing beats that. :)

I wish I could take all of my friends to church with me. I hope to soon.

Below is a link to Joseph Smith: Prophet of the Restoration. Please watch it.


1 comment:

Cristie and girls said...

I hope you don't mind that I leave a comment, but I just had to tell you how amazing you are. The way you share your testimony of the Gospel so much is such an inspiration to me. Those young men in Rexburg are going to be blown away by you. :0) Love, Cristie (Smith....in case you didn't know who this is.)

Post a Comment