Sunday, April 24, 2011

He is Risen!

He is Risen! Seeing as it is Easter, it's only appropriate of me to devote this post to my Savior, Jesus Christ.
I know that my Redeemer lives and that He loves me infinitely more than I will ever know or understand. Often, I'm asked why it is that LDS people don't wear crosses or have them in our churches and it's a pretty simple answer, we choose to dwell on the life and ministry of Christ, rather than His crucifixion. Awhile back I heard an analogy that has stuck with me, if my brother was shot I wouldn't wear a symbol of his death and the same can be applied to my Brother, Jesus Christ, I love Him and though His death is very important to the plan of happiness it's not something that I want to dwell on.

Something unique to my faith is our focus on the teaching and life of the Savior. Much of our time is spent studying the life of Jesus, learning from His divine example and love. Our focus is on becoming like Him. Doing good in everything we do.
 This isn't to say that I do not believe in the importance of the sacrifice my Savior made for me, because I do. I know that through the Atonement I am able to return to Him and my Heavenly Father again after I have departed this life. I know that He will be waiting for me with open arms on the other side of the veil. I love my Brother Jesus Christ and all that He has endured for ME, He knows exactly how I feel when things fall apart, when my hair just won't do what it's supposed to, when I fail that test, when I get rejected by a boy, when I have no one else to turn to. He has felt every single human emotion out there and has felt every hurt and experienced every possible outcome to a situation. He suffered for me specifically in the Garden of Gethsemene, He bled at every pore for ME and for everyone else on this earth. He loves us one...by...one. He knows each of us by name and He knows our thoughts and intents. He is always there for us and always will be.

Easter has become a very commercialized holiday and the real meaning behind the celebration has almost been lost. It isn't supposed to be about a giant bunny that brings goodies to children, nor is it about getting new dresses or toys, it is a celebration of the resurection of Jesus Christ. Why have so many people forgotten? How sad is it that many children today think of a rabbit instead of the Savior on Easter Sunday? All I know is that today is a celebration of my Brother, Redeemer, Savior, Jesus Christ. He has risen and lives today!

No comments:

Post a Comment