Monday, December 20, 2010

Competition

This past Saturday I got to perform in my first ever cheer competition. I loved the atmosphere, the excitement, the anxiety, the adrenaline. I wish that I could've done it before this year; I feel like I'm just getting the hang of it and it's almost over and gone. It's kinda sad. But I guess I just have to cherish what I've been given.

I swear the bus ride up to the school we were performing at was the longest ever but it was still pretty entertaining. I had Kim in front of me (in the pic) who got hairspray everywhere and I had Kirstyn and Emily behind me belting out music. It was easy to forget about nerves when you're laughing.

Kim and I ready to leave GK for some Eastlake.

The waiting was the worst part luckily there wasn't very much of it. I was prepared for a lot longer. Of course waiting behind the floor was the hardest. Once I was out there with my head down I was ready. Everything we had been working for, everything I had learned thus far was going to be tested was about to happen. Our music started and I look into Alyssa's face as it falls toward me and she's got this huge smile on her face. It started. I haven't had that much fun in a while. I did everything just how I knew it was supposed to look. My legs were shaking like crazy but it was okay. The whole thing was over before I knew it and I wanted to do it all over again.


Waiting to go back out to hear scores.

Although we didn't place where we should have I think the majority of us had fun. I know I did. I just love performing. I sincerely cannot wait until our next one. We're really going to get it then, I know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment