Sunday, April 8, 2012

Life Lessons Through Film

I'm pretty sure I've told y'all before that I'm a projectionist at work, meaning I work with the digital projectors as well as the film projectors. Sometimes, things just don't work the way they are meant to work and a few days ago one of my projectors had a little accident. 
All that black stuff on the floor is a cute little movie called The Lorax. When I saw this mess when I went to check on the movies I nearly had a heart attack. I'd never had to deal with any real film issues before so this was pretty new to me.
To fix this tangled mess of a movie I had to patiently sit on the floor and feed the film onto the correct platter with the rest of the movie. It was a boring, tedious, tiring, at times even a little frightening Of course there were also moments when the film would simply slip through my fingers, doing exactly what it should but then it would catch and I would have to follow the film into the mess and work out the tangles. When the last little bit finally slid through my fingers, the relief and happiness at being done was almost too much for my little self.
As I was sitting in church today, it hit me, life is just like that tangled mass of film sometimes. There are times in our lives when we're just scooting along no problem when suddenly we get off track and things just seem to pile up and it seems like nothing will ever be the same. There are times when we must look to our Heavenly Father for that extra help in unravelling a particularly difficult knot in our life. Eventually everything will work out though. There are a few eternal truths and that is one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment