Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

This post is completely dedicated to my mother, sister and sister-in-law. Seeing as today is mother's day I MUST write about these amazing women in my life. The women that have influenced me the most as I've grown up and who still influence me everyday. I love spending time with each of them and consider them some of my closest friends.

Over the past few years, my mom and I have become much closer. Next year is going to be rough without her and I know she's not excited for me to leave as well. She has always been there for me when I need her. In the middle of the night she comes to me when I call out. Whenever I have a bad day she'll take me away and help me forget about my worries. Countless days have been devoted to hanging out with my mom, seeing movies, driving around or walking the mall. Not to mention watching our favorite tv shows. My mom has always been someone that I know I can talk to whenever I feel like there isn't anyone else for me to talk to. I love the relationship that I have with my mother; it's not something that many other girls my age have with their mothers. I'm lucky. Although my mom is one of my best friends she is not my friend first; she's my mom. And that's as it should be. I never want that to change.

My sister and sister-in-law are amazing women as well. I've watched them over the past five years as they've raised their children and they are such an example to me. Jenn and Sarah have so much love in their hearts for not just these little angels but for everyone else as well. I hope to be just like them some day. I'm one lucky girl to have sisters older than me that I can aspire to be like one day. We always have so much fun when we all get together and stay up late talking or playing games. They are talented and thoughtful women, amazing mothers and wives. Basically they rock!

“Motherhood is near to divinity. It is the highest, holiest service to be assumed by mankind. It places her who honors its holy calling and service next to the angels."

No comments:

Post a Comment